Friday, February 13, 2009

Last Day of the Season

My pointer - "Canyon"
Taking a picture of my dog on point is the hardest thing I've ever done during hunting season! It's hard, because I was risking not being ready when the birds flushed, but he's so good I shouldn't worry.

I'm sure I would've had more birds, but I needed to preserve some of Canyon's points before I sell him. This dog finds more coveys than any dog I've ever had. He could be better at finding singles after the covey busts, but he's still really young.

Here's a Mearns quail retrieved perfectly to hand (every dog should be force fetched!)

Another Awesome point (shot a double and took the picture!) Look how amazing the grass was this year.



Taking this picture was nerve racking, because Canyon had been on point for a long time! It took me over five minutes to get to him from the time I realized he was on point. Note the beeper collar, which lets me know when Canyon points.

2 comments:

  1. time for a new blog post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir are you lost? Last day of the season we were driving out and we saw you walking down the road in the last moments of light about a quarter mile short of your truck. You did recognize me at first and answered "No! I'm not lost!" I guess you had a pretty good day and didn't want it to end.

    ReplyDelete